Did you know that people in countries like Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Hong Kong celebrate Boxing Day? It’s often referred to as the last shopping event of the year, and businesses worldwide gear up for this holiday by offering generous discounts to attract a highly competitive market.
As one of the busiest shopping days of the year, Boxing Day presents abundant opportunities for your e-commerce business. With consumers showing an 8% decrease in spending on festivities and gifting at Christmas, the pressure mounts on companies to clear stock, making competition fierce. Given the intense competition, it’s vital for business owners and marketers to develop Boxing Day marketing campaigns that ensure a high return on investment (ROI).
But don’t stress! We’ve compiled some tips to ensure your website is primed, your marketing efforts are finely balanced across key channels, and the potential of your Boxing Day Sale is maximised to the fullest.
Let’s dive in and explore everything you need to know about creating effective Boxing Day marketing campaigns.
1. Analyse Your Data
Start by delving into your sales data from the past Christmas and even the previous years. Collect insights from your past sales and assess how customers responded to your prior marketing endeavours. By doing this, you’ll save valuable time and position your Boxing Day sale to reach the right audience, especially in terms of retargeting and keeping your lists updated.
2. Update Your Landing Pages
The accessibility of your sale is crucial when visitors land on your website. Consider creating a dedicated landing page or sales category collection and ensure website banners prominently advertise the sale and its offerings. This page is likely the first point of contact for customers seeking deals on your site, so ensure it’s attractive, engaging, and the content is up-to-date, conveying precisely what’s on offer.
3. Leverage the Strength of SEO
Harnessing the power of SEO is a surefire way to supercharge traffic for your Boxing Day sale. If you’re uncertain about the optimal timing for your Boxing Day campaigns, rely on indispensable tools such as Google Analytics and insights from social media. You can also consult with digital marketing experts to pinpoint the most strategic campaign launch times.
To make your sale pages a beacon for potential customers, follow these steps:
- Keyword Mastery: Employ cutting-edge keyword research tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush, Moz or Ubbersuggest to fine-tune your sale pages with pertinent keywords.
- Proactive Building: Start constructing these pages well in advance to bolster their discoverability.
- Best Practices: Ensure that your pages adhere to best practices by correctly implementing heading tags, meta information, and image alt tags. This will render your pages more user-friendly and search engine-friendly, increasing their overall effectiveness.
By skillfully wielding SEO, your Boxing Day sale will be primed to attract a broader audience and achieve optimal results.
4. Shout on Social
Post-Christmas, people are often scouring their social media feeds in search of post-holiday deals. Keeping your social pages updated is a cost-effective way to promote your sale. Share high-quality content, engaging copy, strong calls to action, relevant hashtags, and be vigilant about engaging with likes, comments, and shares, especially if customers have questions about the offerings.
5. Craft Engaging Email Marketing Strategies
Preparing for Boxing Day sales often involves a well-planned email marketing strategy, similar to the approach taken for Black Friday (read our step-by-step guide here). This strategy typically includes a preview email the day before the holiday and timed offers throughout Boxing Day, with “last chance” offers extending into the day after.
Here are valuable tips for crafting a compelling Boxing Day digital marketing email strategy:
- Timing Matters: To optimise your email sends, analyse past shopping habits. Observe traffic patterns, reminiscent of Black Friday, with peaks in the early morning, early afternoon, and early evening.
- Highlight Irresistible Offers: Use enticing email subjects that motivate recipients to open and explore your offers.
- Create a Sense of Urgency: Implement flash sales and countdown timers to encourage swift action, keeping in mind that many recipients will be reading emails on their mobile devices.
This enhanced email marketing strategy will help you seize the full potential of your Boxing Day sale and connect effectively with your audience.
6. Don’t Forget About PPC, Shopping & Social Media Ad
If you sell physical products, focus on a shopping campaign for Boxing Day. Pay-Per-Click (PPC), Shopping Ads and Social Media Ads are ideal for helping consumers discover exclusive discounts. PPC is an excellent way to attract new shoppers seeking sales, but also consider remarketing opportunities through Social Media Ads, which can be more visual. Re-engaging with individuals who have previously interacted with your business increases the likelihood of conversions. Update your campaigns in advance to ensure everything is ready when the sale goes live, and refresh your ad copy with all the essential information and compelling calls to action.
With these strategies in your arsenal, you can make the most of the opportunities and connect with your customers this Boxing Day.
Here’s what you need to consider:
- Compelling Ad Copy: Create ads with engaging content that highlights the products and discounts you offer.
- Design a Winning Landing Page: Design an attractive landing page that conveys a sense of urgency.
- Leverage Remarketing: Re-engage people who have shown interest in your products with Boxing Day offers.
With the right marketing approach, your Boxing Day campaigns can be a game-changer for your business. If you’re eager to discover more about launching effective marketing campaigns during the holiday season, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!